Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Second in a Double Page Spread





































Hello! If you landed here looking for a hop, click back one page and check out my candle sticks here for THE CUTTING CAFE. If not, read on!

I deliberately didn't have the first in my double page spread at hand. My first Encampment layout had taken advantage of a very piece of vintage air plane paper I had and I always have to scrounge to find red, white and blue paper so I knew it wasn't going to match at the start.

What I did have was a really cool photo of Luke's Hotel Squadron that I could print out really big and the ability to make another flower like the ones I used on the past page. Dug around to find some more red, white and blue paper and I gave it a whirl.



































I noticed that on both pages I didn't bother with a title. I let the photos and journalling do the talking. I think it's because I had to use a lot of photos to tell the story and it was already pretty busy. Red is a hard color for me to scrap for some reason, kinda like purple for some reason so I 'm happy to have this one done and dusted!

Well, I am jetting off! I have to work today painting a Habitat House with a group! Which is red...incidentally! Lucky for me I don't have that trouble with paint.

3 comments:

  1. You should be proud of your sons achievement and you have captured it so well on this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I have started a pile for you, but you'll be done before you get it!...lol! Awesome page! I'll try to get the package out to you next week! i'm sure you can use them regardless...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!